crayon mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
one of my kids had a crayon in his pocket and went thru washer and dryer. No damage in washer but crayon melted in dryer and melted into all the clothes and stained the dryer tub badly. Any suggestions on how to remove melted crayon stains from clothes and the dryer tub?

Sponsored Links
To remove melted crayon stains from dryer, use solvent.

Still haven't figured out how to get it out of clothes. :confused:

The usual way to remove wax from clothing is to place a hot iron on top of blotting paper. Finish off with White Spirit (Turpentine substitute) which will partly dissolve wax.

The turpentine should then come out with ordinary detergent.

Sponsored Links
i looked it up on the crayonla web site. it works just tried it i washed a lot of clothes and there where crayons in the load. so what you do it spray wd40 then put some mild dish sopa on and scub it. it really works :D

Hey there folks,

I just opened my dryer door and saw that I just had killed all my wife’s good clothes that She likes to wear to work **Sigh** I went online and all the places that I went too said to Use WD-40. I tried that and seeing it was 1:30am in the morning I tried to fill up the washer again with hot water and took 3 big laundry scoops of Oxiclean and 2 scoops
Of Tide Laundry soap and let that run twice in the same soap, then drained it and had the Washer put in new hot water and did it again with the soap and laundry.. let that spin And let it soak, and after all the cycles I took her favorite shirt out and it was clean And no more crayons stains..!!!!

Hope this works for you too….

Pascal

Caney Kansas

locked to prevent hi jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back