Crazy paving advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved in to a house where there is crazy paving on the blacony, stairs to the garden and patio. A couple of days ago I noticed that water was leaking to my cellar from the balcony. After some investigation I realised that the rain water sipping through the crazy paving and dripping into the cellar. From what appears they have not sealed the floor before laying the crazy paving. For the time being I have brushed tar (one used or sealing flat roof). Also noticed that a lot of pointing has come away from between the paving. It is not possible to take up the crazy paving and start all over again (I am a lady novice DIY enthusiast). I would appreciate it if you could please advice me how to repoint between the paving (do I need to chip off all the pointing and re-do them). what product to use and what to do or the edges (the joint between the patio and the house). I appreciate your help in advance.

Sponsored Links
I don't think anyone is going to say anthing else other than take up the crazy paving on the balcony, tank the surface to waterproof it, then put back the paving.
Anything else is really a temporary fix, something that will become a bi-annual fix, at least.

Another possible solution, other than waterproof grout, is to use a mastic type substance, but which one, I wouldn't know.

Which part of France are you, just to get an idea on climatic variations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back