create 2lights from twoway switching

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: can someone advise me- I want to divide my garage into two - the ceiling light is by way of switches at each end(twoway) - I want to use th existing lighting and make an indepentant light in the front of the garage and one to the rear. At present this is wot I have back switch - L1-red L2blue l3-yellowwith an extra little connection box with 2reds together -(one of these is L1) and 2 blacks together; front switch L1-brown, L2-black,L3-black, ceilingrose- 1red feeding brown and 1 black feeding blue.

how do I get 2 ceiling lights from this?? p.s. this is a newly built house
thanks

Sponsored Links
Need more information about what is connected to what, not just the colours of the wires at each place.

e.g. you mention red/yellow/blue at the rear switch. But not again - where does that cable go?

You have a brown at the front switch but nowhere else - where does that go?

And are those cables at the front all singles? Brown, black & black sounds very odd.

Your best bet would be to get a multimeter, work out which cables are live, and when, gain an understanding of how light switches work, and see if the answer is then obvious.....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back