Creating a 'non-RCD' way in a twin RCD board

30mA?

No, just dangerous and illegal.

Photos show it still in place, and the seals look intact.
Yes, one of these bad boys (link below). Installed late 80's when the house was renovated and extended, I was just crawling...
http://srselectrical.co.uk/image/cache/data/SRS Electrical/DSC00632-500x500.jpg

Didnt say it was sensable. And as I did say, done by the vendor prior to the sale. Proberbly by his mate, who by appearances did it in the dark, one handed, using his teeth to strip back the wires.

How they did it in the guide shown in your link (that I linked to a photo of) I dont know, but thats not my house. I will have a look at my cut out for interest however. I dont recall seeing the seal but equally I have not looked for it. That said, if you did call out the DNO, would then not remove the fuse, wait for you to move the tails, and then put it back in and reseal it for you?

Daniel

Sponsored Links
How they did it in the guide shown in your link (that I linked to a photo of) I dont know, but thats not my house.
No, I realise that.

Just idly wondering what kind of electrical business would proudly display that as an exemplar of their work...

No, I realise that.

Just idly wondering what kind of electrical business would proudly display that as an exemplar of their work...
As ive just added above, could it not just be that having had the DNO take out the fuse, the DNO has then returned it and resealed it?

The photos don't show any evidence of the seals having been disturbed, but they do show the tails just dangling down.

Sponsored Links
No idea, but its otherwise not a bad page of info. Moving on!

Is there a reason your electrician cannot advise you with this? :confused:

The advice BAS posted earlier is sound and a switchfuse would be my recommendation if I was called to quote for you.

I don't see the point in hacking your board to get a non-RCD MCB, when a switchfuse does the job for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back