Creating new cloakroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am creating a new cloakroom/utility which will have a wide 1000mm toilet sink combo vanity unit.

The room has width on its side but length it does not as there will need to be a stud wall created to separate cloakroom and utility. To make everything work there needs to be about 20 inches of space in front of the toilet pan max. Would this be OK or is it not enough space?

Sponsored Links
I have just measured my cloakroom!
20" should be fine for a person without any addition mobility needs, or someone on the more portly side!
Regulations may or may not say otherwise :)
...alternatively could you go sideways with a different toilet/sink unit?
This type have been discussed on here before:
https://www.plumbworld.co.uk/affine...mbination-unit-tap-waste-included-936-1258231

Thanks for replying. Hopefully that will be OK then! Other than that I could put toilet on the lengthways wall and sink on wide wall. I'm not keen on the sink wc like that, wasn't to avoid that if possible.

A picture speaks a thousand words. Can you sketch a floor plan with dimensions?

Sponsored Links
Here's mine I did a few years ago, width was 1200 and from front of pan to wall was 22", there is a towel rail on the front wall, and even if it had been 20" it would have been OK

upload_2021-9-19_16-27-57.jpeg

Here's mine I did a few years ago, width was 1200 and from front of pan to wall was 22", there is a towel rail on the front wall, and even if it had been 20" it would have been OK

View attachment 244515

Thanks for providing that, my width is about the same and the front of pan to wall is about the same too! The layout is pretty much the same as well but I will have a door into the utility which you have on the right, then from the utility a door into the toilet.

A picture speaks a thousand words. Can you sketch a floor plan with dimensions?

The picture Bouy has provided below is pretty much my layout, however I will have a door into the utility which he has on the right, then from the utility a door into the toilet.

I'm sure that's doable but how about the door to the WC opening into the utility. Might feel more spacious.

I'm sure that's doable but how about the door to the WC opening into the utility. Might feel more spacious.

Sorry yes got that wrong on the plan, supposed to open into utility room.

Question is on the window wall on the plan (wider wall) would you go for a toilet sink combo vanity unit (I haven't seem them with the restricted room I have in front) or a corner toilet/corner sink or normal toilet on the smaller wall (facing into the w.c room) and corner sink?

I haven't got waste in there yet, a channel has been dug for it but need to know as soil pipe needs to go in the right place.

I've used it before and it is a decent manufacturer. You don't have to use the corner suites, the straight ones are also short projection.

However, that is just my personal choice/opinion, there are probably several different options which would look just fine.

Just come up with another layout that probably works best. The vanity unit that I was talking about but moving door opening into utility to other side and door into toilet further down, plus making into a sliding door

What do you think?

BWGGAsX.jpg

Don't see the point of the sliding door, hinged to open against the side wall should suffice and more effective in containing odours than a sliding door

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back