Creda Cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there im putting this on here for my dad as he cant even switch on a pc let alone use a forum.....

He has a creda cordialle oven and basically it is tripping the main switch in the consumer unit in the house. He thought it was the element so took the element out and wired it into a socket where it heats up and doesnt trip out the consumer unit so his problem is what is tripping the C.U is it a faulty element? or is it something else ? just wanted to see if anyone had same probelm the element is about 2 years old I think as he changed it before but last time never had this probelm....its as soon as the oven is turned on everything goes not when it heats up and as I said he disconnected the element and powered it up via a plug to test it and it heats up....all wiring has been double checed and tightened also.....just so strange thats all really any help would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Does it trip the MCB or the RCD?
Could be a moisture problem or damage to cooker flex/cable.
Is the cooker a plug in or hardwired, if plug in, have you tried anything else on that outlet.

checed for moisture....the cooker is hard wired hob works , cooker turns on without element and doesnt trip . However on testing element in another socket it still trips entire board....not the mcb or rcd but the main switch

By main switch I am assuming you mean a main circuit breaker because pure mains switches have no tripping mechanism. Can you post a pic of it ?.

I would say the element has failed then and gone short circuit as opposed to open circuit or fault to earth with those symptoms.

Have you tested the element for continuity. What reading have you got through the element if you have.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back