Creeper left a right state on outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok. Tenent decided it was a good idea to have a creeper on the back of the house. Thought nothing of it until I saw the thing had run rampant and covered virtually half the back of the house. Told him to get shot but instead of removing it he just killed it at the base.

End result. Dead creeper is now superglued to the house and after removing the bulk of it I am left with a MASS of imprints from the thing.

Its a sandtexed wall and the whole thing is covered in the imprint. I have tried sanding it but it just smooths off the wall and still leaves the bleedin imprint.

Help.

Cheers

B

Sponsored Links
how long has it been dead? It will tend to fall off with weather.

Hi John

Its been dead about 6 months and there's no signs of it going anywhere. The problem is that I am renovating to sell it now so I need to do something to sort it.....

B

Was it ivy or what?

A pressure washer might take the paint off but you could test a bit

You might end up repainting

Sponsored Links
It can take up to 2 years before it loses all of it's 'hold' onto the wall.

I cut my ivy off at the bottom and left the rest to die off and yes it took about 2 years.

Andy

I'll try the pressure washer route. Don't mind repainting as I was planning on this anyway....

I actually forgot to update this one, so share and share alike.

Good pressure washer got the lot off. Had to be held fairly close to the wall but cleaned up a treat and after a quick repaint was good as new....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back