Crimped pipe.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know why this pipe has been compressed/crimped?

Never noticed it before as its had a radiator cover on?

I'm planning on draining system tomorrow so could possibly take it out and replace with some push fit...
IMG_20181123_222815.jpg
IMG_20181123_222806.jpg

Sorry about the cobwebs...

Sponsored Links
That pipe is bypassing the radiator. It is connecting the rad inlet to the rad outlet so the rad wouldn't work. It's probably been crimped so that the radiator water flows through the rad. It does seem an odd thing to do though. I would have removed that pipe and either capped the cut ends or removed the T pieces and put straight connectors in. That would require draining down the system though so not an easy job. Why the pipe was put there in the first place is beyond me but someone obviously realised at some point thatthe rad wasn't working and the crimp was an easy fix.

Its probably a by pass to stabilise the load on the pump / provide minimum flow in the event of all radiators being turned off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back