Armstrong Way, Great Western Business Park
Yate BS37 5NG

tel: 01454 321311
fax: 01454 273411

Or we use

http://www.metwin.co.uk

Cheers God

I've tried the Bristol outfit, they've not returned any emails, will try Metwin

Could it not be welded? I have tried unscrewing hinges from crittel frames before and it never goes well.
A couple of spots from an arc welder would be much easier

Sponsored Links
Yeah I also said that, though they have an on site welder claiming the length it would last may be limited due to the weight!!??

Surely its not that heavy, They do get a bit stiff with dozens of coats of paint though.
I always thought a weld was supposed to be stronger than the metal?

Surely if they have a guy on site who can do it it worth a go even if its just temporary fix until you can source some parts.

Also have you tried some local window company's or scrap yards for 2nd hand parts? I always drop Crittals straight to the scrap yard.

I will be taking some out in a few weeks but Ive just checked my pics and they have different hinges.

These are industrial type, no paint. No one supplies the hinge, i've given up....I've told them to stop being tight and replace it in aluminium along with the 300 other frames :D :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back