Cromar liquid roof membrane

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used this liquid membrane product or anything similar on a flat roof?. Im thinking of doing my flat roof but not sure which is the best product to buy

Sponsored Links
I’m not sure what you mean by liquid membrane. They do a liquid rubber, elastathane and the cromapol.
What do you need to do exactly?

Hi....its the cromar cromapol im looking at.....its basicly to cover an enitre felt flat roof

Oh Yes I've finished a Flat roof with the stuff.
Stripped the old and badly worn felt off first.
What is the roof material under the felt? Does it has any bitumen between felt and roof?

Read the guidance notes first. You can apply it with a brush but I'd suggest spreading with a trowel may be quicker and easier to get the required thickness of material. You may need the promer/sealer first. Try and get the required thickness in one coat.

Sponsored Links
As far as I'm concerned its just another nasty polluting
product from the petro-chemical industries that should be banned.

I used it ok you need to make sure all gravel if on is swept back and you will use lot off it it dont go far , we used bitumin primer first with little more white spirit it soaks into every crevis as its thin then let dry hour depending on temp , and the Acropol or what ever brand sticks like preverbial Sh to a blanket , any breaks tears go over it on the item and overlap 4 inch or more build up ,
But yes always But if you have time and want 100% job rip off the felt buy rubber type roofing EDPM go on you tube watch the videos its so easy and last 50 years if do it rite , I did kitchen roof and lad who works for me done loads now after watching me do it , I only watched video then common sense .
think got it from roofing super store but ebay full of it Firestone was market leader but now loads brands .
but the Acropol last maybe 5 years then look again see if any top up needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back