Crossing the chanel...... we haven't seen anything yet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
but the Daily Mail screams: "look over there, a few brown people in boats"

Can you provide a link to that particular quote or headline please? Or anything in the Mail that mentions brown people and boats in the same sentence.

Are you serious? That's pretty much the front page headlines every bleedin week.

Why don't you worry what really happens to our tax?

Like the Government awarding multi-million contracts to companies, amongst others, that have a pittance in the bank, no experience in supplying what the Government want and according to Companies House, are dormant and therefore cannot trade legally?
Could it be these companies are being run by friends of the Government?
Steady on, that's way way above the IQ rating of those who have been brainwashed to believe that all our ills are the fault of ' those immigrants'...
The Govt must think we are blind, deaf and stupid.
borisconi and gobbels (and many more before) have made their careers based on proving that a large section of the population are indeed blind, deaf and stupid!

Sponsored Links
Are you serious? That's pretty much the front page headlines every bleedin week.

I searched and I can't find any. Notch has it in quotes so I'm assuming it's a real headline or extract. Just want to see the original.

so I'm assuming it's a real headline or extract
You don't think that at all, you're being awkward. Here's some pictures.

Daily-Mail-4.jpg

mail-1-2048x1536_3477064.jpg

the%20sun.jpg

katie_hopkins_column.jpg

tumblr_o7yk1geK4w1u5f06vo1_1280.jpg

But no doubt you'll nit pick and say "the exact quote is not there, and some of those are not the DM"

I'm not being awkward. I'm looking for the articles where the Mail specifically mentions the skin colour of those crossing. It's being mentioned frequently here by a couple of posters - I'm looking for the source and can't find it.

It is obvious that was not a direct quote, so you won't find it.

So Notch (and JohnD) made up his 'brown skin' allegations.
It was a personification of 'refugees' to indicate the absurdity of the mindset of those who blame migrants for the government failures.

History of personification
The personification comes from the Latin persona which means " mask ". As its etymology indicates, this figure of speech lends human traits to an inanimate thing, it sticks a human mask to it in a way.

En savoir plus sur https://www.lalanguefrancaise.com/litterature/personnification-definition-exemples/

It was a personification of 'refugees' to indicate the absurdity of the mindset of those who blame migrants for the government failures.

History of personification
The personification comes from the Latin persona which means " mask ". As its etymology indicates, this figure of speech lends human traits to an inanimate thing, it sticks a human mask to it in a way.​
So, how does that apply to 'refugees', then?

CLICK

So, how does that apply to 'refugees', then?

CLICK
A bit obvious, I'd have thought.
If someone says, "look at all those people in boats", it would have no political meaning.
But to suggest that someone says, "look at all those brown people in boats" has an obvious political meaning, obviously referring to refugees crossing the channel, who are not indigenous to UK.

As you illustrate, it's also a diversionary tactic.

So Notch (and JohnD) made up his 'brown skin' allegations.
One doesn't have to mention the word 'brown' to get a certain warped point of view across to the easily brainwashed ;)

farage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back