Crumbling wall next to internal door frame and front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I had some areas of damp sorted out in my front room last year. It was under the window just above skirting boards extending to the wall where the internal door is leading from the passage to my living room. I was very pleased with the results but now I've noticed that on the other side of the wall that was treated previously, the wall is crumbling away and this leads right up past the existing dado rail and half way up the wall. It's papered and underneath this it's literally coming away. Shouldn't the professional who sorted the damp before have checked this bit of wall seeing as though it was the other side of the wall that he worked on??

He's coming round on Tuesday and I'm worried he's gonna try and rip me off. I've already spent 450quid getting the first work carried out and it literally took him 2 hours that was it. I've had new windows and doors fittwd recently but havent noticed any leaks etc and I've pulled carpets back and checked. This bit of crumbling wall smells very mouldy/foisty tho so I'm sure it's damp

Any advice greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
two hours wow
what exactly did he do?
if you want the best help people will like to see pictures
:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back