cscs heritage card

spc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got mine through in september (solid and fibrous) , have worked on 5 listed properties since and have never been asked for it once. another £60.00 wasted :rolleyes:

what are they going to make us do next ???????

Sponsored Links
Got mine through in september (solid and fibrous) , have worked on 5 listed properties since and have never been asked for it once. another £60.00 wasted :rolleyes:

cscs cards are a rip off we all know that, ive another 2 years left yet on mine b4 i have to take another test and stump up some more money, 90% of the sites ive been on insist on them but the last one was a listed pub dident and was an insurance jobby and apparently the insurers dident want to pay much money so the pub was being toshed up, all the old lime walls which were blown and cracked were left and just skimmed over rather than taking the lot off and starting again, so many corners were cut it was unreal, its all going to look crap in a few months or years when the cracks start to reappear, im not really sure how this listed thing works because no one was looking after the intrest of this pub i said to the foreman loads of times i shouldent be skimming this it all needs to come off but his reply was there not paying for that much work and to go ahead and skim it

I am assured that the 600+ buildings english heritage own will only allow heritage card holders on their sites.

sorry to hear about the pub refurb, if like me you take a real interest in the welfare and longevity of the buildings you work on? you feel duty of care. to top it off, its your profesional status at stake.

If it was listed? The architect should have been in direct liaison with the local conservation officer. suspect :confused:

If it was me, I would have walked away, but if you had nothing else on, what do you do? do you not pay you bills over ethics?????

I am assured that the 600+ buildings english heritage own will only allow heritage card holders on their sites.

sorry to hear about the pub refurb, if like me you take a real interest in the welfare and longevity of the buildings you work on? you feel duty of care. to top it off, its your profesional status at stake.

If it was listed? The architect should have been in direct liaison with the local conservation officer. suspect :confused:

If it was me, I would have walked away, but if you had nothing else on, what do you do? do you not pay you bills over ethics?????
the other spread that was onsite came round to see me today and we had a chat about the pub, apparently, only half the pub is listed? on this side render was used, and the national heritage man was there at some point and he wasent to bothered about some bonding and hardwall being used, neither of us had heritage qualifications so it dont look like he was bothered about that either lol, also i see the architect there on at least one day

Sponsored Links
You oonly need a icsfu£1 card for site work as of next year.

I have my CSCS test today, except its snowed so all buses and trains have been cancelled. I called them first thing to reschedule my test but they would not have it, saying that if i miss my test then its my fault and I will have to book and pay for another test.

So basically they are saying I have to drive there in dangerous driving conditions so I can pass my health and safety test.

That just about sums up the shower of c u n s! You die or get injured to get a health and safety card! :mad:

cscs cards are a rip off we all know that, ive another 2 years left yet on mine b4 i have to take another test and stump up some more money, 90% of the sites ive been on insist on them but the last one was a listed pub dident and was an insurance jobby and apparently the insurers dident want to pay much money so the pub was being toshed up, all the old lime walls which were blown and cracked were left and just skimmed over rather than taking the lot off and starting again, so many corners were cut it was unreal, its all going to look crap in a few months or years when the cracks start to reappear, im not really sure how this listed thing works because no one was looking after the intrest of this pub i said to the foreman loads of times i shouldent be skimming this it all needs to come off but his reply was there not paying for that much work and to go ahead and skim it

Didn't you mean to say English Heritage? Since the pup you say you renovated ( we both know that's not the case ) was extensively damaged by fire it wouldn't necessary be put back like for like and EH are not really interested in grade 2 buildings...

the pup you say you renovated ( we both know that's not the case ) was extensively damaged by fire it wouldn't necessary be put back like for like and EH are not really interested in grade 2 buildings...
haha i dont renavate dogs, dont question me about mistakes mr nowork i dont have to expain my jobs to a sit at home **** like you :mrgreen:

the pup you say you renovated ( we both know that's not the case ) was extensively damaged by fire it wouldn't necessary be put back like for like and EH are not really interested in grade 2 buildings...
haha i dont renavate dogs, dont question me about mistakes mr nowork i dont have to expain my jobs to a sit at home **** like you :mrgreen:

Sit at home? :LOL:

Wasn't your job was it? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back