cscs cards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, just looking for a bit of guidance here, my son who is 24 yrs old has been employed with this firm for 4 yrs, he has 4 or 5 cscs certificates while he has been employed here, thing being he has recentley walked from his job through a collegue bullying him, (this was a family buisiness he worked for ....not his family but a family...he has approached the boss for his tools and belongings , after 2 wasted trips were he turned up and no one was on site, 3rd time he manages to pick up his tools , some were missing too , but the father(boss) refuses to give him his cscs cards which stops him from getting another job, this guy didnt fund them ,they are government funded/ can he do this

Sponsored Links
No he can't, the certification is for your son not his former employer, can he not get replacements (not that he should have to of course)?

As SRE said, he cant withold his certificates.
One thing I hate is bullies, get him to take a couple of mates round to recover the rest of his tools.

he has 6 cscs cards, he refuses to return them,saying there not my sons , and that the company paid for them, which is not true, they were government funded, the cards carry the VERITAS name, ive been in touch with these they say they dont hold any info on peoples cards

Sponsored Links
I am sure that withholding of the cards would be considered theft - same as withholding any personal document such as a passport or benefit book etc

Perhaps the company intends to use these cards illegally (for some unregistered site worker, say) ... well that's what I would be suggesting to the Police .... or suggesting to the builder ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back