Graphics card for laptop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My brother has an acer laptop thats about 2 yrs old. He wants a graphics card so he can play games that require it. Can anyone point me to somewhere were i can buy him a graphics card that'll slot in and stay inside his laptop?

Sponsored Links
give up now.

laptops are not designed for games, unlike a desktop laptops do not have "large easy accessable slots to plug stuff into" (or swap)

you would also have to consider the spped of the cpu.

and 2 years for a laptop is old

ml1936 said:
My brother has an acer laptop thats about 2 yrs old. He wants a graphics card so he can play games that require it. Can anyone point me to somewhere were i can buy him a graphics card that'll slot in and stay inside his laptop?

Forget it!

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
I was right then :cool:
Indeed so.

And if you take the trouble to post that statement on every topic on which you correctly point out the bleeding obvious, then I'm sure you'll soon reach the 100,000 post count. :rolleyes:

You're all wrong :mrgreen:

If he has a PCI express card slot on his lappy then he could be in luck with this little beauty, which is due for release soon.

Deluks said:
You're all wrong
Oh, please bring it on.

f he has a PCI express card slot on his lappy then he could be in luck
What makes you think that any laptop has such a thing?

And what makes you think that the spectacularly unavailable Asus product has a PCI Express interface anyway?

Softus said:

erm, knowledge?

Here's one
and another

Softus said:
And what makes you think that the spectacularly unavailable Asus product has a PCI Express interface anyway?

Not PCI Express like you get on a desktop PC, a PCI Express card, also known as expresscard slot. It clearly states in the article that it works through express card slot, which is connected to the pci express bus. Please keep up Softus.

Deluks said:
Softus said:
erm, knowledge?
Lack of knowledge, more like. :rolleyes:

...that doesn't have a PCI Express slot.

...that doesn't.

Softus said:
Not PCI Express like you get on a desktop PC, a PCI Express card, also known as expresscard slot.
The words you're using interchangeably describe two distinct and incompatible things.

It clearly states in the article that it works through express card slot, which is connected to the pci express bus.
It clearly does, but you clearly didn't.

The OP asked about a card that could go inside his/her existing laptop. Not about a new laptop with a non-existent adaptor. :rolleyes:

Softus said:
breezer said:
I was right then :cool:
Indeed so.

And if you take the trouble to post that statement on every topic on which you correctly point out the bleeding obvious, then I'm sure you'll soon reach the 100,000 post count. :rolleyes:

If it upsets / annoys you then softus, it makes me very happy :LOL: (but that was not my initial intention, but if it really does upset / annoy you............)

If I was upset or annoyed then you wouldn't be in any doubt about it.

Softus said:
Deluks said:
Softus said:
erm, knowledge?
Lack of knowledge, more like. :rolleyes:

...that doesn't have a PCI Express slot.

...that doesn't.

Softus said:
Not PCI Express like you get on a desktop PC, a PCI Express card, also known as expresscard slot.
The words you're using interchangeably describe two distinct and incompatible things.

It clearly states in the article that it works through express card slot, which is connected to the pci express bus.
It clearly does, but you clearly didn't.

The OP asked about a card that could go inside his/her existing laptop. Not about a new laptop with a non-existent adaptor. :rolleyes:

The poster asked if it was possible to upgrade the graphics on a laptop. I simply posted a link to a possible solution. It's perfectly acceptable to use the term PCI Expresscard slot in this context of laptop upgrades. Because that's what it is, a card which connects to the PCI Express bus via a slot in side of the laptop. It's impossible for a laptop to support a PCI express slot as found in a regular desktop motherboard, so anyone showing confusion between the two terms either doesn't have enough knowledge about computer terms to atempt any upgrades, or is acting pedantically.

I don't think that I caused any confusion to anybody else as to what I meant, If I confused you then I am sorry.

Sponsored Links
Back