Cullamix tyrolean problems...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help needed please... The product itself is fine but had poor advice from building merchant on how to apply tyrolean to the outside of our newly built house. Instead of using the machine/gun which the builder and ourselves couldn't get to work, the builders merchant said to just trowel it on... so we did... We got cracking after a short time but now after the bad winter, the tyrolean has started to come off the wall. We no longer want to apply more tyrolean but are stuck with cracks and in some areas no tyrolean at all where it has fallen off.
Help is appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it wre April the 1st i would chuckle, but are you serious?

You have trowelled cullamix onto the wall!? :confused: :eek:

A tyrolean machine is quite simple to use and not at all complex in design. Why could you not get it to work?

However, the above statement does by no means detract from the fact that tyroleaning is a difficult job to do

I would go back to the Builders merchant who advised you and ask him for a new bubble for your level,when he goes off to find one I'd speak to his manager about product knowledge. :eek:

Sponsored Links
building merchants have paid compensation so just need best way to solve problem... obviously not asking them though...

Get a reputable plastering firm in and let them do it. And watch and learn.. ;)

Cheers for the advice... plaster the whole house or just where the tyrolean has come off? How do I know if more will come off? where it has come off, around it seems pretty stable at the minute.

Never having come across your situation before Glen, i don't know what to say. It would be nice to look at a couple of pics if you can put them up, just to see what it looks like. Is the cement render itself in good condition? If it is, then i would try to remove (carefully) the trowel applied tyrolean, because i cant ever see it looking good. Put on with the machine, it's got a nice texture,,, but put on with a trowel,, i mean,, what do you do with it? You really were badly advised there, but it'll all work out in the end. RoyC's right, get a reputable local firm, either to give you on the spot advice, or to sort the job out for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back