Cummings the liar

Really all comments about Cummins relate to peoples beliefs in other areas often fed by the press.

The exception he used doesn't consider distance only the lock down aspects. Distance doesn't matter. It even suggests using friends or family for help.

Best option for people who can't get around politics and look at facts is not to post.

LOL The test his eyesight one as it made him blind reminds me of something that is supposed to make men in particular blind - it relates strongly to some posts from either side of the argument. ;) Not sure what it does to women.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:D:D:D Do I look upset?
I don't blame you feeling a bit smug. Brexit is getting done and the architect is apparently bomb proof. There is something not good going to come from this though. My nose can smell it. Not going to end well for Bozza.

I don't blame you feeling a bit smug. Brexit is getting done and the architect is apparently bomb proof. There is something not good going to come from this though. My nose can smell it. Not going to end well for Bozza.

I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet Nosy.

I haven't heard the fat lady singing yet Nosy.
You can appeal to the dumb masses and coddle them, but their patience will wane as quickly as their iPhone 12 and flat screen TV. Bozza has invested everything in Get Brexit Done. His underpants and his kitchen sink. It's his trump card. If Brexit is not a triumphant success then things will turn sour quickly.

People are thinking that the CV19 thing will be nullified by the glories of Brexit and all the wonderful things that it will bring to the UK. I'm envisioning lots of sharpened knives and carnage in the cabinet.

Yes thats good news for Sunderland, it wont make up for the overall economic damage.

70% of the production is exported to the EU so its contingent on a trade deal. 10% tariffs are not sustainable.
Indeed

Nissan: UK factory still under threat from no-deal Brexit

"The UK's largest car manufacturing plant is "unsustainable" if the UK leaves the European Union without a trade deal, owner Nissan says.
The Japanese company's global chief operating head told the BBC people had to understand the EU was the Sunderland factory's biggest customer.
Ashwani Gupta said that Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access...

Mr Gupta said: "You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it's not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That's what everybody has to understand."

But I guess the majority of the 7,000 workers (and countless more in the supply chain) will still want to commit economic suicide in order to 'take back control' of their own demise!

"You know we are the number one carmaker in the UK and we want to continue. We are committed. Having said that, if we are not getting the current tariffs, it's not our intention but the business will not be sustainable. That's what everybody has to understand."

it was always the case.

Funny really -brexiteers on here have been screaming how great brexit must be because of Nissan in Sunderland.....sadly those brexiteers dont realse they are applauding what really amounts to a need for a closer relationship with the EU, almost certainly needing a 2 year extension to seal a good deal.

I would expect car manufacturers to fire a few shots this week to focus minds in the final attempts at a trade agreement.

with the EU, almost certainly needing a 2 year extension to seal a good deal.

Why?, if no one's going to budge from their stance what difference does a two year delay make? it's an extra 2 years of funding to the EU and two more years of uncertainty for uk manufacturers. Total Madness.
Get the deal done now or walk.

Boris hopes it will end before he is pushed out of office by his Tory chums.

Get the deal done
I agree. As long as we (UK) know what we want and that our negotiators establish that with the EU negotiators. Ambiguity, lies and bluff are not what is required at this stage. Everyone is tired of the sickness that is 'Brexit'.

Sponsored Links
Back