Cupboard back missing below gas hob. .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you have a back on the cupboard under a gas hob. As our fitter hasn't and no explanation given ,looks messy seeing all pipe work and old wall.

Sponsored Links
I would say so yes. Clearances are given for above and to the side of the hob, not below. Should there be a built under oven?

One doesnt usually see behind there..

Sponsored Links
No just a cupboard with one shelf
Should have a back on it then.
I would say so yes. Clearances are given for above and to the side of the hob, not below. Should there be a built under oven?
I currently have an oven under mine and obviously, no back on it. Technically not a cupboard but a 600mm space. All my other cupboards have backs on them.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You can add a cupboard back. Preferably make it easy to remove, for access to any pipes/wires at some future date.

He couldn't be bothered to cut a little bit for valve access and let pipe through.
Fitter...

It seems as though they all differ from a full back to no back. Ours has a 6" gap below the hob and the start of the backboard and was built as a dedicated hob unit. Perhaps a standard cupboard is cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back