What isolation valve for gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
our plumber put the gas pipe before our kitchen is being fitted near the hob. I want to call him back to Back to put the pipe behind where the gas hob is. I wanted to supply the gas isolator. Given the pipe is a bigger pipe why do most isolation valve for gas measure 8-10mm? What should I look for?

Sponsored Links
Why do you want to supply the isolator? Would is not make more sense for the gas engineer to supply this as he knows what is needed and is responsible for the installation should anything happen.

We cannot give any more help to what you need without knowing the size of the pipe that's been fitted of which you seem to not know (or mentioned), but even then people may be reluctant to help for fear of DIY as there doesn't seem to be a logical reason for someone to supply this part. If I was an engineer doing a job that could kill someone if it went wrong I would want to know the part I have was sourced from a reputable place and was something I know to work, be reliable etc..

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back