should gas hob have isolation valve?

Sponsored Links
I get rather bored with waiting for the food to cook on those slow in table cookers.

The German hot stone DIY cooking on the table, steak is 15 seconds on the stone, flip it over and 15 seconds more and it is ready.

Those in the know cut the raw meet into smaller portions and cook a bit at a time. So the last morsel is still hot, fresh from the stone.

but with the stone at 400°C there are health and safety concerns but it is good fun

heiss Stein am Tisch.jpg
schmalztoepfle.de.jpg

To add to the off topic conversation.... There's a restaurant near me that serve food on those stones (called "black rock") and the cut of steak is amazing and cutting as thick/thin as you like and to your own taste too. Highly recommend trying it if you get the opportunity near you and like steak of course.

my 19yr old daughter lives away from home now and she told me she and her BF were going out for a meal. I got a text later saying " hey dad, we're having a steak and we've got to cook it ourselves on a rock thing"

haha so now I know what these are:)

Sponsored Links
I've never heard of 9% whisky before dan or is that an up market special brew :LOL:

Been to a nice izakaya this evening though with SWMBO. Local yaki niku place tomorrow with quite possibly the best kimchi outside of South Korea. Balls to Tony's bizarre curry nights :D
Maybe Balls in......:unsure:

If the food was that good it wouldn't be on the plate long enough to take photos of it !

Oh, and don't forget to get them to fit a test nipple with the Gas cock at your hob fella!! Don't tell me they overlooked that too??!! 140 sheets & no test point dear oh dear!!

Funny how these Gas threads always 'flush Out' hard-on & Benny Green???!!!!

so to update - isolation valve fitted today and the guy offered a revised bill with an hour knocked off. I'm very happy and gas man appears happy...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back