gas hob valve type

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if you could help a query.
I have a rented property which has a gas hob with an isolator valve in the unit to the side. A corgi gas man doing landlord certificate has given me a warning "incorrect use of tap connector to hob connection" the valve is a full bore lever valve with yellow handle. This valve is british gas approved and is one of these from screwfix. http://www.screwfix.com/prods/13103/Plumbing/Brassware/Full-Bore-Lever-Ball-Valve-15mm
Your help / advice on whether this isolation valve is ok would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
"incorrect use of tap connector to hob connection"
Wording just makes me wonder how the valve is connected to the actual hob as this seems to be what is the concern.

No, he probably means a "tap connector" fitting with a fibre washer has been used to connect onto the hob union or a flexible tap connector hose has been used. Either is illegal and may result in an advice note and probable disconnection unless resolved at the time.

The gas tap is installed in fixed copper pipe in the unit next to the hob / elec cooker unit. it. It has no flexible and does not use a Tap type valve anywhere only the gas approved full bore lever ball valve which has compression fittings.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
The gas tap is installed in fixed copper pipe in the unit next to the hob / elec cooker unit. it. It has no flexible and does not use a Tap type valve anywhere only the gas approved full bore lever ball valve which has compression fittings.
Thanks

What GG is trying to inform you is installer has used either a no 62 or no 63 tap connector copper fitting which are not an approved fitting for natural gas, hope that's a bit clearer for you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back