Cupboard under stairs concrete floor possible damp issue?

Sponsored Links
Needs a air vent in there. Now the floor covering is up it will breathe again.
You could do with a floor that will breath like carpet or ceramics but the best way is to clean it all up then put ardex DPM1c down

You could do with a floor that will breath like carpet or ceramics but the best way is to clean it all up then put ardex DPM1c down

Thanks, will look into this ardex DPM1c. As well as an air vent.

Do you know where's best/cheapest place to get a tub of ardex DPM1c? I don't need much.

And then once it's down and set, can I just put the next part of flooring down on top, such as the ceramic tiles or whatever I choose?
Any technique tips for applying it?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You can buy a 3kg of it. Look for a local flooring shop that sells Karndean or Amtico and they should be able to order you one. You will need 2 units ardex NA screed as well

OK, I appreciate that you are convinced that unwanted water in the floor cannot be coming from a leaking water pipe or drain.

But it usually does.

Sometimes it is due to a source on the other side of the wall.

When you find out about the stopcock and the young person we can go further.
let it go ffs. theres no water pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back