Cupped Real Wood Floor after 8 years

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, looking for help as cannot find the answer anywhere on the net.
Had a kitchen extension built in 2002 and a "block and beam" concrete floor was used. On top of this was sheet polystyrene and then a screed. I then has real wood (oak) flooring put down, nailed into chipboard which paid on the screed. Where the pipework ran I believe the builder/plumber put the pipes in felt insulation and then covered with sand and then the screed but no polystyrene insulation.
Any way (keep in there) the wood flooring which runs in line with the pipework (central heating only) has cupped/risen. I think this may be due to us not having this rad on this winter unless this is coincidence as every other year the rad was on and as I say it's been 8 years now. Closed system so no pressure drop so not a leak I believe. Any ideas welcome and a solution would be great. Can I replace the cupped boards and place some additional insulation on/under the chipboard underneath the oak flooring ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back