What is strip wood flooring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get real wood flooring to lay over a chipboard sub floor. A neighbour has "strip wood" flooring which he says is thin strips of wood glued to a screed that is poured over the chipboard subfloor, much cheaper than engineered wood apparently. I can't find anything much using google. Where can I find out more about this? Is it any good?

Sponsored Links
I'm looking to get real wood flooring to lay over a chipboard sub floor. A neighbour has "strip wood" flooring which he says is thin strips of wood glued to a screed that is poured over the chipboard subfloor, much cheaper than engineered wood apparently. I can't find anything much using google. Where can I find out more about this? Is it any good?

Should'nt be screeding over chipboard flooring, you would normally level with 6mm or 9mm ply and fix to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back