cuprinol wood treatment question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i have a cuprinol treated summerhouse in my garden and i have now decided that its too dark and wish to paint it white over the top.

my question is what do i need to put as a basecoat first as cuprinol is waterproof and paint probably wont stick to it?

any help would be great

Sponsored Links
"Water repellent waxes and resins help waterproof the wood against rain penetration"

you will not be able to make paint stick to the waxy coating. If you try to wash it off e.g. with white spirit it will just soak in further.

With these treatments, unless you leave them for quite a few years so they weather away, or are eroded enough to scrub away with a wire brush, I find you can only successfully recoat with another tint which is similar or darker.

You can email cuprinol for advice if you like.

Sponsored Links
thats the one..... oh well i will contact them direct and if i have no joy i will have to come up with another idea

many thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back