Current Climate Diversifying: Air Con

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well in the currently climate I think it’s important as a business I diversify, I am looking at the possibility of air conditioning I have a handling of refrigerants cert for Heat pumps so can’t see much different have done brazing etc but someone told me this is becoming notifiable and would need registration to a CPS which all seem to want A NVQ for air conditioning I don’t have the time to add an NVQ to qualifications been looking at a couple of Self study BTECS or some air con courses, ideally I want to join nappit, do them for plumbing and air con and if I take oftec oil but I cant get over the fact they seem to want NVQ can anyone enlighten me a little bit

Anyone else do any of this or diversifying to different technologies that could advice me it would be appreciated.

I am already working hard booking in courses for renewables and air con would round it off nicely leaving me able to move to oil and solid fuel if i felt the need at a later date all under the nappit umbrella.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
... and is a growing industry even with energy prices as they are.

"Is" or "was" a growing industry? I would have thought air con is exactly the kind of thing bankers would have bought during the good times, but the easiest thing to cut back on in the hard times. If it breaks down they'll turn it off and leave it off.

Sponsored Links
bg went into air con about 10 years ago. for 1 year. it died on its arse. not a good idea unless you're going into commercial.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back