Current lead times for building work?

Not much wrong if your just pushing pipes together.

if you want value for money from your plumber he could if bovered protect you against:
Scalding.
Long legs.
Dead legs
E coli
Legionella
Other bacteria's
Stagnation
Back syphonage
Sewage
Food poisoning
Flooding.
Low pressure
High pressure
Un- even pressures.
Protection against appliance failure/ breakdown
Protection against scale/calcium
Electric shock
£££££££ notes
And generally advise you on The good the bad and the Ugley
LOL....you never added global warming, Covid and financial collapse....

Sponsored Links
silly billy...you watch youtube then you copy what the man on youtube shows you. Not hard, follow the instructions...sorted
Providing the man on YouTube actually knows what he is doing, of course. I've seen some stupendously dangerous and downright idiotic stuff being demonstrated on the 'Tube in my own area of expertise, the sort of stuff which might get you seriously injured if or when it goes wrong. But, hey, it's a free world. Right?

Sponsored Links
Not much wrong if your just pushing pipes together.

if you want value for money from your plumber he could if bovered protect you against:
Scalding.
Long legs.
Dead legs
E coli
Legionella
Other bacteria's
Stagnation
Back syphonage
Sewage
Food poisoning
Flooding.
Low pressure
High pressure
Un- even pressures.
Protection against appliance failure/ breakdown
Protection against scale/calcium
Electric shock
£££££££ notes
And generally advise you on The good the bad and the Ugley

I forgot to add.
Global warming,
Covid
How to deal with Idiot customers.
Financial collapse

Last edited:
Sense of humour?

Blup

Plumbers are miserable gits. Maybe with good reason.

I myself is a happy plumber. full of smiles and plenty of humour when I greet my customers.

I'm not really sure that it's possible to answer this question on a general basis. It will very much depend on the builder and job size.

A large building firm with 30 staff on the books may have availability next week and could complete the job in 4 weeks, but a one man band may be booked up for the next 6 months and take twice as long to finish the work.

Best to ask your preferred builder what their estimated wait time is. It won't be accurate if you are trying to plan work a year in advance, but it'll give you a rough idea.

Past couple of years everything has fluctuated massively price wise. Basically the op is going into property speculation. Good firms are worth waiting for. Lead times are "up in the air" for everyone.

Sponsored Links
Back