Curtains flare at the bottom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all, just wondering if there are any ladies present that can help me with new curtains. Hung them in 2 rooms but the sit out at the bottom. Was advised to use clothes pegs on them to 'train' them to sit properly. This works until you have to close them then they flare out again. Driving me mad.

Any help appreciated!

Sponsored Links
You need weights in the bottom, you can buy ready made weighted strips that sew in the hem, or you can unpick the edge of the hem and feed them in.
The curtain you have probably made on a sewing machine with thread too tight which curls the edges up

Thanks for the reply fox. I bought them in Harry Corrys and after being a nitemare to iron (still not right) once hung they flare out, doing my head in.

Where would I get these weighted strips?

Sponsored Links
You can use a light gauge chain in the hem.Sometimes large washer sewn in the corners will suffice.

I thought you washed curtains, with weights in the bottom, hung them damp, and they ironed themselves? Due to damp and weight?

I thought you washed curtains, with weights in the bottom, hung them damp, and they ironed themselves? Due to damp and weight?
He does'nt have weights in the bottom, did you read the post?

Did you read the thread? Weights in the helm are the norm, and suggested in the post. Therefore curing the problem. Have you anything else to add? You say the OP doesn't have weights in the helm, that is what the problem is. Weird. What a non post.

And your does'nt, is wrong also. Should be doesn't. Wake up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back