Curved bath panel replacement problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We've a bit of a problem with a replacement curved bath panel. If anyone could help before we have to cough up money for another that would be great.

The old panel was very badly cracked and yellowed, and after a long time deliberating on whether a new one was worth it we bought it. Directly from Ideal Standard, should have been like for like.
Except that when it arrived, it was 1cm longer and slightly taller. I rang up, she said I had ordered the right one but that the dimensions had changed. All you need to do is cut it down to size, she said, make sure it's wet. So we duly did that, perhaps stupidly in retrospect, and now the length is fine.
Except I blindly believed her when she said it would still squeeze under the bath. It won't. We've lifted it up and most of it will fit under, except the left where we can't lift the bath any more with the screws because of the tiles and bath screen.

Help! Any ideas? That's at the curved end plus the top of the panel is curved so we can't take it off that.

It was quite expensive so I'm breaching myself for money down the drain but surely there's something we can do?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
You put the top in first and push the bottom under, the panel should flex , lifting the bath is not required.

Thanks foxhole-it's taller than the previous panel though by about 1cm, would that still work?

Sponsored Links
Hi foxhole, we've cut the length to size but not the height as we thought it would go under, plus it's curved round so can't slice it off. It's only the last 1.5ft towards left of bath but we're a bit stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back