Replacement bath panel problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am trying to find a replacement bath panel as the one in my new house is poorly fitted, broken and the colour doesn't even match the bath (white bath, cream plastic panel)! I can not find the style of bath or panel though. If anyone recognises the type of bath or where I can find a panel I'd really appreciate it. I've tried to upload a photo - hopefully that works! Basically its a curved bath, I think they're called shower baths, but unlike all of the "P shaped" ones I can find it has a curve at both ends, a bit like a figure of 8.

Failing that, if it is going to be impossible - any ideas (other than replacing the bath) on what I could do to improve this or replace it would be greatly appreciated ... I wondered about trying to build a tongue and groove panelling over a timber frame but it's a lot of trouble ...

Fingers crossed someone recognises this thing! Thanks View media item 64849

Sponsored Links
Seeing as the curvy shape will be very difficult to replicate, why not just build a square timber frame faced with Hardibacker or similar, and then tile it up?

It'll look like one of those fancy sunken baths then.

Thank you both v much. Did think of the rectangle frame but would rather not lose the space. Is still an option though. The flexible MDF stuff is new to me - going to look into that definitely. Thanks again, great ideas. :)

Sponsored Links
the mdf idea is a good 1,especially if it comes in a moisture resistant version.
if not im wondering if you could get some 3mm ply and soak it yourself and form the curves needed?
once done treat it to protect it.
or another idea is to obtain some white plastic sheet and maybe with an iron from the back form the curve required,use the old panel if needed as a template.

Hi there found this which from your picture looks a match
Rimini P Shaped Shower Bath With Screen 1700mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back