Fitting bath panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to install a B&Q bath panel with a curved edge, and the end panel too.

I'm not sure how to go about doing this, especially the curved part. Is it just a case of securing a batten to the floor and screwing the panel on to this? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Panel should tuck under rim of bath and have metal clips to secure base to floor though will the amount of flex on cheap bath panels timber is often more secure.

There's no clips of any kind, so I was going to use timber to secure it to the floor.

I've since found out that the plumber who fit the bath and tiled the floor never measured it for the panel, so now the panel is too wide!! What can I do about this, I was going to trim it down but don't know how to go about cutting it accurately.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Cover the bottom edge of the bath panel with a strip of wide masking tape, and carefully mark the distance from the bath rim underside to the floor, and mark this on the tape. Take a measurement left side, middle and right end, and join up with a line.
This is where the fun starts....bath panels can be cut but you must be very careful - personally I'd use a coping saw with the blade at 90 deg, and cut with the blade at a very shallow angle to maximise tooth contact. Finish the edge with glass paper.
the panel should tuck under the tub rim so there will be a degree of play here.
Fix a timber batten to the floor, positioned so that the bath panel contacts it at the bottom. Drill the bath panel with say a 5mm bit but use a 2mm bit as a pilot hole into the batten and secure with screw cups or those plastic cups with the clip-on top.
Thats what I've done in the past and I'm sure there are other ways - so careful as you go!
John :)

As others have said, battens are the way to do it - two rectangles to support each panel.

Cut the panel carefully ... it's worth cutting it a little too large, then trimming to fit.

Screw the panels onto the battens using the screws that come with little white plastic caps, then use a dot of sealant to hold each cap on. Make sure the screws are evenly spaced so as to make the job look good.

That's what I did and the job looks good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back