curved kitchen units and laminat work top, can it be done?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got 2 curved 300mm units and wanted to use laminate worktop due to cost and resistance to everything.

A carpenter has told me i will always see the matching in of the edging strip and the existing bull nose front on the worktop.

Has anyone done this sucessfully and do you have some tips or do i need to got for solid wood?

Much obliged

Sponsored Links
Curved units are not suitable underneath laminate worktop. Your joiner is right in saying the matching in of the edging strip will always be visible. Either go with solid wood worktop, or Corian, Maia or perhaps splash out and get granite or quartz. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
You can remove the postform using a router, for a clean cut edge, then apply a PVC edge. Available in various finishes and look very classy when done. This will allow you to create any curves you wish. Trying to do this whilst maintaining and blending a straight laminate edge into a post form, results in an in an unattractive finish and the join is very visible

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back