Curved P bath overflow fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had my house totally re plumbed about a year ago with a new bathroom suite including a P shaped bath, with the overflow on the curved bit on the side for some reason. The overflow that the guy fitted was a standard flat one bulked up with a load of silicone sealant, which has never sealed properly despite much fettling. The back side of it has a sort of coarse thread that the bit inside the bath screws on to, but its not catching the thread properly due to the sealant and the bath being curved rather than straight.

I'm now trying to get the bathroom finished and need to do something about it. I can't seem to find one designed for a curved bath, does such a thing exist? Or should I try again with another one and hope it goes together in a different way?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand why the overflow is fitted on the curved section, unless the hole was pre-drilled then I guess that a special curved washer should have been supplied. The over flow is normally underneath the taps. Personally I have never seen anything but a flat one.

Yes unfortunately the hole was pre cut into the bath when I bought it, lesson learnt on buying Chinese crap :cry: I've already had to build a frame round it to stop it flexing!

Managed to sort it anyway, picked up this kit from Screwfix today, the washer on the overflow is a thick but flexible one unlike the solid rubber one from before, and it pulled in and sealed nicely. All sorted :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back