Curved sliding electric gate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

We are looking to add a curved sliding electric gate to the drive.

I have attached a sketch of what I think will work. It's a wide gate @ 5.5m

IMG_1115.jpg

We would of course need a dead level concrete base onto which I would attach the curved track rail. The curved track would be make in the same workshop as the gate frame so we know they will match.

Hopefully the picture explains it all.

Do you think this is workable?

Thank you for reading & looking.

Sponsored Links
Thank you... at this stage cost is not an issue. I am mainly concerned as to whether it is workable.

It is workable but fitting the necessary safety sensors could complicate matters,

Consider how the gate could be opened in the event of a power failure, Most gates have an accessible pin or similar that connects the drive mechanism ( motor ) to the gate. Removing the pin enable the gate to opened / closed by hand.

You would need to have the restrainers ( section b-b ) at both gate posts and at the end of the gate when open ( a strong wind could topple the gate )

Sponsored Links
I have a very similar gate and I am trying to get it automated, did you build and automate yours yet?

No, it was for a house that were were going to buy but the purchase fell through. Good luck with your automation!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back