Custom build shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I need to build a shed/storage area along the side of my house as the garage is becoming a bit of an alladins cave, Now the strife does not want "an ugly shed sat in the back garden" so i am going to make one.
I was going to buy one and shove it in but the gap between the external wall and the neighbours fence is 1.1mtr and i cant find a shed thin enough, So with this in mind im going to use 2x2 for the framework, but my question is whats the best method/material for the external.. shiplap, t&g or weatherboard.. ?

Sponsored Links
ok problems i can see space is at a premium!!!!

youll need a gutter to catch the water as you cant shed the water on the neibours garden so 5 or 6"gone there outside skin frame 2.5" there so thats 9" gone you also need space to walk along
and of course you can use the space between the uprights

now i am "not"trying to be negative just trying to make you aware of possible problems

yeah, considered the guttering, shed will have to morph into a lean top which i will attach to the wall via the framework leaving one side of shed exposed to brick, i will channel out some of the mortar near the roof and put some lead in, re-mortar and hopefully all sealed
Neighbours property is lower than ours so any water drop off will be (if i get the calculations right) channeled to drop our side of the fence, area is divided by 4ft fence which sits on a retaining wall.
Think shed will have to become a general weatherproof and secure storage area.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back