Cutting a corner bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to cut a corner acrylic bath panel because of pipework,which is the best saw or tool to do the job, I will be cutting the full heigth 50cm.
Help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Depends on if the edge will be showing as to the finish you require. I used to cut Acrylic sheet with a 24tpi hack saw blade fitted into a saw that was flat all the way up. (sorry cant remember what they are called). Spay the saw blade with silicone polish, also test on a piece that will be an off cut. Its not difficult but take your time.

A fine toothed handsaw is OK, just hold it flat to the panel not at right angles. You can also make several score cuts with a sharp stanley knife then snap it off.

Jason

Be carfully if you intend to score it.
It will slip very easily. You could very easily end up with a red bath or a scratched one. Good luck

Sponsored Links
oh yes two days before christmas 2003 oops it slipped 15 stitches later. luck had it I didnt bleed over the customers carpet.

Just wondering if a formica laminater cutter might do it ? A lot safer if it does !
2003325-1613-p_laminate_cutter.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back