Cutting an L-shaped wall tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to cut the top right corner from a wall tile, to create an L-shape? This is to fit around a window opening.
At my disposal I have a "gear stick" tile cutter, a tile saw, a nibbler and a tile scribe.

Tips also welcomed on cutting floor tiles to deal with radiator pipes. Do I need to use a special drill bit?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
The best way would be to use a diamond blade in an angle ginder or table saw. ;) However, seeing as you have limited the recommendation to stoneage tooling :LOL: then I would suggest you make one cut with the tile saw then score and snap the other. This, of course depends on the size of the L shape. If you will be left with a thin L shape then you might struggle to snap the second cut. By "gear stick cutter" do you mean the tungsten carbide cutting wheel on rails with a handle? If so, this would be ok to use for the second cut.

If I havnt the saw table handy, I would cut a diagonal cut, then use pincers to nibble the rest away. But as previous post depends on the legs of the L

Sponsored Links
If your using pincers dont be greedy, take bits off at a time, unlike me going for big chunks will snap the whole tile in half hehe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back