cutting gloss shaker doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I,ve been looking at the Cooke & Lewis High Gloss Chocolate Accent replacement kitchen doors in B&Q trouble is they dont have any 400mm doors only 500mm, my question is can a 500mm be cut to fit 400mm carcass, I really like these doors and they are on sale at the moment, would appreciate any feedback.

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to cut down 500mm doors to 400mm . The high gloss finish is wrapped around the MDF the doors are made of. Very unfortunate that B&Q don't do a 400mm wide door in this style.

A BIT HEATH ROBINSON'S

but if you really have to go down this route will the cut door be in direct eye sight?
if not then perhaps you could cut door down,carefully fill the rough edge/sand and then paint with white gloss?
as said bit rough but it might just work??

Sponsored Links
wasnt aimed at you greggers as i would never critisize someone being helpfull and safe :D :D
just dont think the origional poster has thought it through very well :eek: ;)

assuming your talking framed and panels all you will do is remove part or all off the frame this will look fantastic on homes from hell ??
http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=sh...og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1043&bih=486[/QUOTE]

You can take these doors apart. If you are careful you can knock a side panel away from the centre infill, then take the top and bottom panels off.
Then you can trim 100mm from the top, bottom and centre panels and put it all back together.
I had to do this to a 300mm door when I wanted a 200mm cupboard to fit my kitchen...
Of course I didn't have any top, bottom or centre panels left at all and I can imagine you would need to cut very carefully and you would still have a dodgy looking edge compared to the opposite side which would have a nice radius.

As the Chocolate High Gloss Accent's are just a plain foil wrapped door, there's no centre infill or anything that can be trimmed successfully.
The OP is on a hiding to nothing.

Look up Chocolate High Gloss Accent doors on diy.com ;) ;) ;)

As the Chocolate High Gloss Accent's are just a plain foil wrapped door, there's no centre infill or anything that can be trimmed successfully.
The OP is on a hiding to nothing.

Look up Chocolate High Gloss Accent doors on diy.com ;) ;) ;)

That's not "shaker styke" then is it? :confused: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back