Kitchen cabinet door repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know if its possible to repair a high gloss curved kitchen cabinet door? I went to remove the door (to replace a faulty hinge) and accidentally dropped it. The door hit my step ladders as it fell to the floor! The gloss coating hasn't cracked but i'm guessing these doors are just vinyl wrapped mdf. Looking at the damage, its more like a raised crease rather than a indented scratch?

Anyone managed to fix something like this or any ideas how it could be repaired? B&Q stopped stocking these a few years back and i doubt i'll be able to find another of the same dimensions and colour match.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
Vinyl wrapped MDF is almost impossible to repair, and it is very easy to make things a lot worse by trying. Some spray painters (e.g. CP-Painters) reckon they can fill and respray doors to match existing doors, but I don't know how much that would cost, given that small quantities of car paint alone to match an out of production colour run to £25 to £35 for a litre to 1.5 litres in my (limited) experience. May be worth asking

Cheers. My brothers a mechanic and knows some spray painters. I'll see what he says ;)

Sponsored Links
I would have said try a "Plastic Surgeon". We use them to do finish snagging on jobs, but with their rates now being in the order of £350/400 a day they are probably a bit expensive for most people

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back