cutting holes in a ceramic tile..video..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
as the above says,.. a few posts re:the above have been posted,so here you go... :LOL:

was waiting on the kettle so put this togther,the holes i made were not for any supplies elect/plumbing but you get the drift...oh and yes i didnt clean them up with a file....

i aint no hollywood director.... :LOL: :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35c7ig-qMdA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

turn the sound down or you may go hard off hearing!!!.. ;)

Sponsored Links
Well who would have though it, certainly not me! Relatively new to the trade as you know (around 5 years now) & still learning a bit hear & there but I’ve never seen that done before. I was rather sceptical when I saw it posted on the other threads but it seems very effective & even simple to do; brilliant video m8. ;)

old school rich,..but just as good as the machines and bits ya get now a days mate...within reason tho... :LOL:

well i wonder what you will be up to at the weekend then....???

practice makes perfect mate...enjoy... ;)

Sponsored Links
Davie the vid of the 3 way mitre, they werent your lasses curtains you were cutting on were they ?

Fancy giving away ald school tricks, and they say a scotsman parts with nowt :LOL: :LOL:

Well done mate, the hole takes me back to 1978 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The penny’s just dropped :rolleyes: Got some services cut around so I might even give the hammer trick a try, it'll certainly impress on the day as long as I don't start breaking tiles. :confused:

As an apprentice many, many years ago, I worked with a pump fitter whose tool bag consisted of 90% different sized & type of hammer. That guy taught me so many basic skills so I’m very aware that hammers are a far more versatile tool than most can ever imagine. You can do a lot with just two hammers & I later put that to good use as a panel beater (not sure if there are any of those left) but I would never have dreamt of trying to cut holes in tiles with them; that skill is so basic it must go back to caveman! ;)

its a good wee thing to know when you cant be.. a r s e d...to go to the van and get more carp out,..

hope it helps a few people out.... ;)

cavemen....yep sometimes the old ways are the best way..

cheers guys ;)

jc..starting to feel ma age...and am only 40 :D ...
you must be feeling anceint.... :LOL: :LOL:

its a good wee thing to know when you cant be.. a r s e d...to go to the van and get more carp out,..

hope it helps a few people out.... ;)

cavemen....yep sometimes the old ways are the best way..

cheers guys ;)

jc..starting to feel ma age...and am only 40 :D ...
you must be feeling anceint.... :LOL: :LOL:

Only 49 mate but after the last 4 days i feel 69, 120 m2 terrazzo repaired, re-honed and polished ( not terrazzo tiles by the way )

I seen a guy doing the same thing except he had a small mallet to work on and chipped with a chipping hammer, like a welder would use, it's the only time i have seen this done apart from tictics video. The guy I seen cut around every socket in a kitchen I had rewired like this, it was mad to watch!

I seen a guy doing the same thing except he had a small mallet to work on and chipped with a chipping hammer, like a welder would use, it's the only time i have seen this done apart from tictics video. The guy I seen cut around every socket in a kitchen I had rewired like this, it was mad to watch!

he must have been old like me and Davie :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah he was really old, must have been in his fourties i guess!

ya cheekkyyy git 1john...... :LOL:

learnt this when i was 14yrs....from some MASTERS...ma... dad/uncles/BIG brothers/cousins.... ;)... thats when you were known as a "Grate Builder"....( Tile Fixer).... ;)

I am going to have a go at this one day, first though i need either a chipping hammer or a toffee hammer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back