Cutting into the cold feed.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a WB 28i junior, with a combimate.

I have to cut into the main cold feed pipe prior to the combimate to run a supply to an en-suite. Apart from isolating the cold feed, and turning off the boiler prior to T'ing in is there anything I else I need do before?

And is there anything I need do afterwards like re-pressurising/bleeding the system

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
if your talking about the cold mains feed, not the central heating, then just turn the water off, do you work, isolate or water ever your doing in the en-suite.

no need to turn the boiler off..c.h will work ok

dont you want hot water in there as well ? and a rad

Thanks JPC. Rad already in there, and I already T'eed the HW when the boiler was fitted originally.

The old cold supply to the en-suite was badly fitted through the loft so I removed it completely. Hence the need to fit a new supply.

My worry was that I would be draining water between the new T and the combimate, a run of about 3 metres.

HI

i would advise you to turn the boiler off at the mains before turning off cold mains.

Sponsored Links
run your pipes first then water and boiler only need be off for a few minutes while connecting, or cut tee in then fit an iso valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back