Cutting kitchen cupboard doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone any tips on cutting abs plastic covered fibreboard kitchen unit doors? I've hand sawn melamine before no problems but I'm a bit apprehensive about chipping the glossy plastic...

Any advice gratefully appreciated!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
A sharp handsaw such as Stanley Jet-Set or a saw bench with fine tooth blade (slower the wood, faster the saw speed) a router may even do it.
A stanley knife to score to prevent chipping and cut approximatey 1mm to the line then finish off with a plane.

Thanks guys, I think I'll try the Stanley Jet-Set, with plenty of experimentation, better safe than sorry! Another thing I meant to ask is how do I cut the circular holes for the hinges? I have heard there is a tool for this job, available from B&Q...?

Sponsored Links
Sorted now, Thanks! The doors cut easier than I thought, in fact much easier than melamine. Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back