Cutting Laminated DSP boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone! I have a tricky question and hopefully you will be able to help. I am trying to cut Laminated DSP boards without chipping, i use mitre saw with Freud F03FS09805 300mm x 30mm x T96 Laminated Saw Blade. To make sure i got no chipping at all, i used masking tape on both sides of Dsp where the cut will be. The final results i have is ,I still have small chips on the bottom side of the board. Is there any advice you could give me guys to achieve clean perfect cut without chipping? As i believe i have done everything to my knowledge. I will appreciate any answers.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
googled dsp board showed up as a circuit board??
if so not the correct saw
iff flat you can double face with sacrificial board top and bottom this will give a clean cut iff in full contact

I was a bit mystified by the OPs reference to "laminated DSP board", but when I Googled I found a number of non-European (mainly American and Russian) websites which referenced it, like this one. But even reading that I am no better informed (it doesn't really explain what they mean by the term DSP), other than to say it sounds like what we call MFC (melamine-faced chipboard) in the UK.

The OP is also referring to a saw blade (Freud F03FS09805) which is specifically made for use on small table saws as this snip from their catalogue clearly shows:

Freud F03FS09805 Catalogue Page.png

Freud actually does describe it as a "Laminated Panel Table Saw Blade", so the OP has fitted the wrong type of blade to his saw (he states that he is using a mitre saw). A mitre saw requires a blade with a less aggressive cut than a table saw (i.e. a lower rake angle), maybe something like a Freud F03FS09761 (-5° rake) to ensure minimal chipping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
googled dsp board showed up as a circuit board??
if so not the correct saw
iff flat you can double face with sacrificial board top and bottom this will give a clean cut iff in full contact
Hello everyone! I have a tricky question and hopefully you will be able to help. I am trying to cut Laminated DSP boards without chipping, i use mitre saw with Freud F03FS09805 300mm x 30mm x T96 Laminated Saw Blade. To make sure i got no chipping at all, i used masking tape on both sides of Dsp where the cut will be. The final results i have is ,I still have small chips on the bottom side of the board. Is there any advice you could give me guys to achieve clean perfect cut without chipping? As i believe i have done everything to my knowledge. I will appreciate any answers.

Thank you for your help.
Unlikely to get a completely chip free finish , edge will require sanding for that .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back