Cutting tiles fixed to wooden backing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a new build house a few years ago and in the main bathroom, specifically at the end of the bath is a boxed area slightly wider than the bath which was tiled completely, as part of the specification. (In fact the whole bathroom was tiled floor to roof).

I've pulled the side cover of the bath to have a look, and can see that this boxed area is just an empty area, and so I thought it would be quite useful to frame the inside of it in and convert it into some shelving and front it with doors. I'd like to keep the fully tiled look if possible, so step 1 would be to cut from the existing tiled area a panel section to be used as 'doors'.

Any advice\tips on how to cut the tiles which are in place, with the minumum of damage, would be greatly appreciated.
I'll take some pics later to show you the area I'm talking about.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Not 100% sure what you're after doing, but if you want to cut tiles already stuck to timber, then a diamond blade in an angle grinder is the tool for you. The thinner the blade, the better. Marcrist discs are superb.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back