Cutting UPVC Beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The beading for our bifold doors got damaged, I managed to get some new old stock beads of the correct profile but I'm stuck as to how to cut them, I spoke to a local window firm and they said the cuts are normally a double bevel done with a custom made jig for that specific profile.

I've no idea who made the doors so can't contact the original manufacturer so I'm expecting to have to mark the profile and had file it to shape but thought I'd ask here in case someone else had another idea?

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• IMG_20221227_155446.jpg
    IMG_20221227_155446.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20221227_155514.jpg
    IMG_20221227_155514.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 43
Sponsored Links
Well as you've sourced the correct bead you'll already know the make of profile so get a foot long length from where you got the beads and clamp that in your saw keeping the beads upright as you cut is the crucial bit

I've got a decent bit of spare on the 2 new profiles, are you suggesting I clamp the new bit and the old together and use the profile of the old piece to guide the saw?

Sponsored Links
No just clamp the one piece of your frame profile to the saw bed, then clip the bead into the profile and cut, you have to hold the bead upright when you cut otherwise your mitres will be out, just laying the bead flat on the bed means you'll probably need to making compound cuts too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back