UPVC Door beading problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey,

So the heat has hit my front door and the beadings popped out. It wouldn't go back in so I stupidly cut it down to size and now it just falls out. I tried to identify the door, frame, locks etc but couldn't find anything about the door itself. The locks are FUHR, the hinges trojan but nothing on the bottom, sides, inside or on windows of the door. I've attached a picture of the beading profile to help as I need to get some more from somewhere, doh.

Any idea what profile this is?

cheers

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 221
  • small_IMG_4782.jpg
    small_IMG_4782.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
I assume that you just cut it shorter, in which case it shouldn't fall out if it's been fitted back in to place properly. There's a but of a knack to it, in that you need to get the lip in and down before you start tapping it back into place.

But if you do need to get a new piece, it's just a case of traipsing round the local windows guys and showing it to them.

Look closely along the backside for a dot matrix printed code, normally printed every metre so it may be that your bead has fell between the two and has no code, could you remove a longer piece? Can you take a photo of the pvc profile inside and from outside, I'll give it a good go to match it for you

thanks for the help

I called around and people said you have to buy a new door. They said that you can't just replace profile... which I find odd as glazing fitters do it all the time.

I took off all four lengths and there is not a single identifiable mark on it anywhere, I took a flash light and scanned every piece of it.

I am trying to upload pictures but it keeps saying there is a problem with my file (which there is not)

http://imgur.com/a/4SOD8 http://imgur.com/a/4SOD8

There should be 2 two images there off the inside and outside of the profile.

If you want a picture from a certain angle let me know.

Sponsored Links
I meant a photo of the complete window inside and outside, particularly the sculptured profile around the glass, it'll give me a better idea of the make although you need a better camera, need to be in focus

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back