UPVC Window Seals.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm replacing the double glazed units in my french doors. The old units are stuck firm to the outer seal, and I'll need to replace the seals once I've managed to remove the glass. I'd like to have the seal ready to fit but need to be able to identify the profile. I was wondering, does the internal beading seal normally have the same profile as the outer seal?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
I'd have to see the bead first but most internal beaded systems now use co-extruded beads and frames too meaning the gasket is bonded to and is part of the bead and frame

Thank you,

Here's the beading and a pic of the door.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Yep co-extruded, frame looks like it too, however some frames are such that if you slice off the gasket with a sharp blade you will find the groove you need to clip in a replacement gasket, search for sightline gaskets for ones that sit flush with the pvc and don't stick out

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back