Cutting worktop for semi recessed bathroom sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
Some advice please from anyone would be fantastic.
I am refurbing my bathroom and at the stage of cutting the worktop to fit a semi recessed basin sink.
Never done this before so I used some chipboard same depth as the countertop and cut out using the paper template supplied. sink sat in lovely but unfortunately the sink waste sat about halfway across the front bracing rail that is fitted just below the facia panel (not yet cut) meaning it is impossible currently to fit the sink waste pipe.
The worktop is 320mm depth and there is approx 30mm over hang at the front so plenty to take some off the back of the worktop I'm concerned however that this may affect the cutting out of the facia panel.
The template says ' Cut out template and position on top front edge of countertop' does 'the edge mean the front edge of the roll top or does it mean the start of the roll edge? shown a few pictures to hopefully help including the positioning of the template.
The template incidentally is a rectangle 435 width and 229 depth.
I realise I have waffled on a bit but vague instructions don't help a novice DIY.er Thanks in advance

View media item 93816 View media item 93817 View media item 93818 View media item 93819 View media item 93820

Sponsored Links
Just remove the brace and relocate lower , hope you are not using chipboard for a top , just the template?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back