cwsc and hw cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ,all.
A friend is opening a butcher's and would like a cwsc in the loft so that he has a reservoir of water at all times, so basically no combi but open vent instead. My question is:
is it possible to place cwsc and hw cylinder in the loft on the same level or the hw cylinder should always be beneath the cwsc? Thank you 4 your time

Sponsored Links
What does he intend to use the water for.
It is a butcher's and if one day there is no supply of mains water he wants to have a supply of water to wash knives and equipment in general

Don't think it's allowed you would need to check with the supplier, and possible the council or whoever the governing body is.

I maybe wrong so don't take that as read.

Sponsored Links
is it possible to place cwsc and hw cylinder in the loft on the same level or the hw cylinder should always be beneath the cwsc? Thank you 4 your time

if the cylinder and tank are on the same level how is the water going to get from one to the other :eek:

Don't think it's allowed you would need to check with the supplier, and possible the council or whoever the governing body is.

never come across this dia it's allowed in schools restraunts etc :confused:

If the cold water tank is going to be feeding the hot water cylinder too, then it does have to be above it.

You can buy prepackaged metal framed units containing the cylinder and water tank, if this helps.

For commercial use, the council may insist on evidence that chlorination periodically is carried out, something you would not need with a sealed system. Ironically, this would take the water supply off line......

If the cold water tank is going to be feeding the hot water cylinder too, then it does have to be above it.

You can buy prepackaged metal framed units containing the cylinder and water tank, if this helps.

For commercial use, the council may insist on evidence that chlorination periodically is carried out, something you would not need with a sealed system. Ironically, this would take the water supply off line......
Hi guys thank you all very much 4 your valuable inputs. Kevplumb i thought i would not get hw pressure by putting both of them on the same level....i just wanted confirmation of that....thank you very much for your spot on input. As for you Simond, when you talk about units containing cylinder and water tank 1)do you refer to thermal stores?The guy wants to be sure that whenever there is a temporary cut off of mains water supply he has a back up of cold and hot water.2) If you refer to thermal stores i understand that they work on mains pressure and therefore in case of water mains cut off he would not have hot water back up. The only thing i could possibly do is to find a place for the hot water cylinder beneath the cwsc :confused: Thank you very much 4 your time.

He's not refering to thermal store(i think :) ) more likely what the fella means is a fortic cylinder. Check out newark cylinders, your'll understand then, basically it's all combined in one unit

He's not refering to thermal store(i think :) ) more likely what the fella means is a fortic cylinder. Check out newark cylinders, your'll understand then, basically it's all combined in one unit
Thank u Plummerman i'll have a look at it tonight, thanks 4 your time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back