Cyclists should be banned.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was driving along Ealing Broadway when a cyclist cut across me, i had to swerve and ended up almost knocking over a big issue seller standing on the pavement. The cyclist meanwhile just carried on oblivious to the mayhem he caused.
If i had hit the big issue seller standing on the pavement, who would be liable for compensation ect. as cyclists don't pay road tax or have insurance why are they allowed on the road at all?

Sponsored Links
A van pulled out in front of me earlier, on a main rural trunk road. He didn't even look, traffic was very light, I was doing 60. I had to slam the anchors on (thank god for EBD) and I was flashing my lights at him. He carried on oblivious to the danger he just caused. On the back of the van was no name, but a description of what the company does, and a mobile number. I was so tempted to phone it, bet it was the driver's phone.

I'm loosing faith in everyone's ability to use the road.

A van pulled out in front of me earlier, on a main rural trunk road. He didn't even look, traffic was very light, I was doing 60. I had to slam the anchors on (thank god for EBD) and I was flashing my lights at him. He carried on oblivious to the danger he just caused. On the back of the van was no name, but a description of what the company does, and a mobile number. I was so tempted to phone it, bet it was the driver's phone.

I'm loosing faith in everyone's ability to use the road.
There's just no consideration for cyclists these days, you were lucky!

Sponsored Links
We have many single track, farm roads around here & meeting on-coming traffic & horses is always a possible hazard (& it can be very large farm traffic!) so it’s always wise to drive nice & slow. Whenever I do meet oncoming, politeness ensues & we pass one way or another, always with a smile & a wave; like many in our area, I have an unfashionable, planet destroying 4x4 so that helps. :rolleyes:

There are 2 sports cyclists who regularly use our back roads; they always insist on riding side-by-side in the centre of the road & if you draw up behind, them they just refuse to let you pass. They just won’t move over & sometimes it’s necessary to follow them for a mile or so before it’s possible to pass them. I have no idea if they live locally or drive here with their bikes to use/enjoy the area & I’m not usually in that much of a hurry so let it go by me but what total bloody ignorant arrogance! Sometimes, I’m tempted to just run the bastards off the road but I would almost certainly get put away for that! :evil:

We have many single track, farm roads around here & meeting on-coming traffic & horses is always a possible hazard (& it can be very large farm traffic!) so it’s always wise to drive nice & slow. Whenever I do meet oncoming, politeness ensues & we pass one way or another, always with a smile & a wave; like many in our area, I have an unfashionable, planet destroying 4x4 so that helps. :rolleyes:

There are 2 sports cyclists who regularly use our back roads; they always insist on riding side-by-side in the centre of the road & if you draw up behind, them they just refuse to let you pass. They just won’t move over & sometimes it’s necessary to follow them for a mile or so before it’s possible to pass them. I have no idea if they live locally or drive here with their bikes to use/enjoy the area & I’m not usually in that much of a hurry so let it go by me but what total b****y ignorant arrogance! Sometimes, I’m tempted to just run the b*****d off the road but I would almost certainly get put away for that! :evil:

i find a lengthy blast of the horn from an inch off their back tyre helps them to reassess their road position.

Lot of single track roads in France, Normandy area. No passing places either. Lots of fun, especially in a right-hand-drive British car and you're passing on the right!

Sometimes, I’m tempted to just run the b*****d off the road but I would almost certainly get put away for that! :evil:

Not if you reversed back up and finished the job. (No witnesses!) As you drive a 4x4 it should not be a problem. :evil: :evil:

Round here they have big spaces at the traffic lights for them to wait.

Most dont even stop and the ones that do sit in front of your van and then doodle away from the lights.

Elsewhere we have cycle lanes on the pavements, yet they still use the road and get in the B*****Y way

Sorry everyone - I'm a cyclist and tbh I'd rather sit in the middle of the road at traffic lights than get run into a hedge when the lights go green and drivers try to 'nip round' really close. Likewise at roundabouts its better to be seen than skirt along the edge of a lane and get taken out by someone in a 4x4. Having said that I'd much rather go on the pavement - but thats illegal! Can't win!!

I have cycled in the past (although you cannot tell, looking at my stomach!) and although your peed off with them I can assure you thatthey are far more peed off with the car drivers who are impatient, arrogant & often cause the cyclist to en up on the floor with a written off bike or legs!

The 2 that never give way, yes there are some of those, but thats usually because they are still peed off with us car drivers.

And on country lanes, they will have to keep to the middle of the road because the edges are not very well made & a drain hole can easily damage a wheel.

Have you thought of perhaps getting a super soaker water pistol & firing it out of the sunroof? :D

And on country lanes, they will have to keep to the middle of the road because the edges are not very well made & a drain hole can easily damage a wheel.
These are single track field access runs & there are no drains just the ocasional ditch on one side which, sometimes, I would dearly love to push them into as they clearly have no intention of moving single file for 10 seconds so you can get past.

I run one over once and he cracked my front number plate :eek:

you're all being tossers for the sake of it ! Cyclist are god !
it's a bit like a family walking across the road and their three year old is a bit slow crossing... he's jumping in puddles... so... let's run the git over ... how dare he stop traffic?!!!!!

you're in a metal cage and you think the world owes you a living.... i drive, and i stop for human lumps.... they are important.... after all they stop you for seconds.... whether on their feet or a bike... much less than traffic lights !!!

remember, you are a human slob in a car !!!

Sponsored Links
Back